Channel 5 - Lack of Data

Issues relating to lineups should be posted here.

Channel 5 - Lack of Data

Postby colin1951uk » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:01 am

I've tried a couple of grabs today for Channel 5 (channel id=I5.17157) on lineups GBR-0001172-DEFAULT and GBR-0001225-DEFAULT and both give data up to the 24th June only.

I normally see around eight days of data per grab so am wondering if you can get this one fixed.

Cheers...Colin
colin1951uk

Re: Channel 5 - Lack of Data

Postby mikebibbings » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Same issue with Channel 5 HD id 50717

Mike
mikebibbings

Postby rkulagow » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:51 pm

I have a ticket open with our upstream. Please make sure that you've opened a lineup issue ticket with us through the Schedules Direct website for tracking.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby TVB-Jo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:28 am

There is still no data for Channel 5. This is one of the largest UK channels. It is as if you wanted to know what's on NBC tonight and it would only say "To Be Announced". So Schedules Direct is not really usable for UK viewers at the moment.
TVB-Jo

Postby colin1951uk » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:51 am

I've just noticed we've lost Channel 5 completely now as well, I did raise a ticket (schedulesdirect.org #13848) so I hope it hasn't got overlooked.

This is a disaster for me as this channel is one of the very few I watch more or less daily so I hope something can be done about it.
colin1951uk

Postby rkulagow » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:54 am

The issue wasn't overlooked and an Urgent ticket was opened with our upstream as soon as it was reported to us. They are working with Channel 5 to get the schedule issue resolved.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby TVB-Jo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:59 am

How does this work in general? I tested some channels and saw that TF1 HD, the largest French private channel, has missing the program today from 11 am to 11pm. Before it said "À communiquer" there (which means the same as "To Be Announced"). Again on Thursday the day is is "À communiquer" and afterwards large parts are missing. Rai Tre, one of the largest Italian channels has schedules until Wednesday, the largest channel, Rai Uno, until Thursday (then starts "Non annunciato").

Is there any rule how far into the future the schedules should at least go? For me less than a week seems pretty short. And is there any automatism if programs are missing? Or is it just when users feel there is something wrong, they open a ticket?
If there is no automatism maybe you could establish it, e.g. when schedules within the next 4 days contain several gaps of more than 1 hour, or the programs still say "To Be Announced" (or whatever it says in the respective language) than something has to be wrong and will be examined. This would be much better than to wait for user input because sometime you only realises that schedules are missing when you missed your favorite program.
TVB-Jo

Postby wjw » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:20 am

Still no data for Channel 5 in the UK. Any idea when this might get fixed? I've just joined SD and am very disappointed to see this channel missing.
wjw

Postby JohnVeness » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:45 pm

I notice this is also affecting Channel 5+1 and Channel 5+24.
JohnVeness

Postby rkulagow » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:57 pm

TVB-Jo wrote:How does this work in general? I tested some channels and saw that TF1 HD, the largest French private channel, has missing the program today from 11 am to 11pm. Before it said "À communiquer" there (which means the same as "To Be Announced"). Again on Thursday the day is is "À communiquer" and afterwards large parts are missing. Rai Tre, one of the largest Italian channels has schedules until Wednesday, the largest channel, Rai Uno, until Thursday (then starts "Non annunciato").

Most stations will have between 14 and 21 days of data. If all you're seeing is filler programs, then please open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website and let me know the stationID, and the data/time so that I can investigate if it's an upstream issue. By opening it at the website there will be proper tracking of the ticket, which isn't really possible in a forum.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Next

Return to Lineup Issues