Sports Auto-Extend Failing on NextPVR

Use this forum to discuss issues related to the SD-JSON service.

Sports Auto-Extend Failing on NextPVR

Postby antenna » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:59 am

Hello there!

I'm attempting to transition from Media Center to NextPVR. Very solid so far, but I ran into something weird. I have been trying to test the Sports Auto-Extend feature. It's enabled, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Last night an NBA game ran two minutes long, but the recording ended at the normal time. I asked first at the NextPVR forums, and they said the log showed that Schedules Direct didn't ask to extend the recording (I have a paid Schedules Direct account, and am using it in NextPVR)

I've attached the log here, too. The game was Clippers vs. Blazers on Thursday night, and the network was NBC Sports Northwest.

Should the auto-extend service be working in this scenario? If so, what's the best way to find out why it didn't extend the recording?

Thank you!
Attachments
NRecord.txt
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
antenna

Re: Sports Auto-Extend Failing on NextPVR

Postby emveepee » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:38 am

I see that that the current active NFL game

https://json.schedulesdirect.org/201412 ... 3666130000

is returning 6001 ater the scheduled stop time and after the games ended.

Martin
emveepee

Postby antenna » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks for checking! Other people also confirmed it in the NextPVR forum overnight, so it looks like it's happening on all games.

https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.p ... ot-Working

They also noted a SD bug is already open about this, so it may be a matter of SD tracking down the problem, though I'm not 100% sure.

(I don't know if this is an acceptable question to ask, but how does SD track live sporting events to know how they're running late? I'm fascinated that this functionality exists, even if there's a bug in it at the moment.)

Thanks to all who have helped out, it's appreciated.
antenna

Postby rkulagow » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm checking the backend code; if you're running into this issue, please open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Return to SD-JSON service