Channel logo updates?

Use this forum to discuss issues related to the SD-JSON service.

Channel logo updates?

Postby karlshea » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Just curious how often the channel logos get updated, or how that process works. SyFy has a new logo and the service was still returning the old one, but I know they originally come from a third-party provider.
karlshea

Re: Channel logo updates?

Postby rkulagow » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:55 pm

We refresh the logos periodically. I'll find out if our upstream has a new logo set.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby karlshea » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:00 am

Thanks! No rush obviously, just was wondering how that worked.
karlshea

Postby rkulagow » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:43 am

Are you seeing any updates now? What's the stationID that you're pulling?
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby karlshea » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Sorry, should have turned on thread notifications.

The two station IDs are I11097.json.schedulesdirect.org and I58623.json.schedulesdirect.org.

I ran mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates (which is set to use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite) and afterwards the database showed the same two logo filenames as before (s11097_h3_aa.png and s58623_h3_aa.png).

I thought it wasn't working since afterwards those two files in ~/.mythtv/channels were the same (old) logo, but when I hit https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirec ... _h3_aa.png directly it's the new logo. So it seems that it didn't try and re-fetch (which sort of makes sense, I guess, you wouldn't want to re-download all of the logos every time).

But I deleted all of the channel logos and re-ran mythfilldatabase and the new ones came down. I suppose that's the solution every now and then if I want them refreshed.

Thanks for answering my questions about this!
karlshea

Return to SD-JSON service