Solved! - Has SchedulesDirect stopped supporting WinXP?

Use this forum to discuss issues related to the SD-JSON service.

Re: Has SchedulesDirect stopped supporting WinXP?

Postby MarkHotchkiss » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:50 pm

bump.

There has yet to be any word from SchedulesDirect whether they will resume supporting WinXP with JSON.

Can I assume that the silence means "no"?
MarkHotchkiss

Postby rkulagow » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 pm

If we make a http / port 80 / unsecure endpoint available, so that there is no cipher, you would still need your application to support access to the service over port 80 rather than 443.

Does your application allow you to specify the URL? If yes, let us know, and we can configure the load balancer to accept connections on 80 and 443.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby rmeden » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 am

MarkHotchkiss wrote:bump.

There has yet to be any word from SchedulesDirect whether they will resume supporting WinXP with JSON.

Can I assume that the silence means "no"?

Once again, it's not that we're not supporting Windows XP, it's that you're using an application with outdated libraries that don't support Amazon's modern load balancer.

I've already told you that the XMLTV project's SD-JSON grabber works fine on Windows XP. That's proof that SD runs on Windows XP.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby MarkHotchkiss » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:10 am

Hi Rmeden,
Ok, I was unaware that the XMLTV project was also JSON. But my understanding is that the XML download does not include the artwork. Did I misunderstand that as well?

I will look into XMLTV if it supports the same level of artwork that we used to have when SchedulesDirect moved to the JSON download (that's a minimum requirement for WAF).

Thanks, rkulagow.
I would also be happy with an unencrypted version. I will go back to the NextPVR forum to see if port HTTP is possible.
MarkHotchkiss

Postby rmeden » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:03 pm

There are two XMLTV project grabbers for the SD-JSON service
tv_grab_sd_json - in the last release
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite - in the nightly snapshots and alpha-exe.

I'm not sure if they include URLs for artwork, but I'm sure you can work with the devs to add it. The next question would be if your application can load the artwork from XMLTV.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby MarkHotchkiss » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi rkulagow,

Thanks again for the HTTP offer. Over at the NextPVR forum, Sub says he can support HTTP on port 80 if you can:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph ... post510728

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information. But it's all of the 'not-sures' and 'next questions' that has dissuaded me from pursuing the XMLTV route. NextPVR supports the JSON feed seamlessly, but it's a bit of a fiddle to get XML working. So I've forgone the extra work and resorted to whining instead. It's funny that we didn't even have artwork until recently, yet now it's a requirement.
MarkHotchkiss

Postby MarkHotchkiss » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Thanks to everyone at SchedulesDirect for the fine service. I am back up and running with the HTTP JSON service. Thanks also to Sub at NextPVR.
MarkHotchkiss

Previous

Return to SD-JSON service