Lineup identifiers in GBR are changing on 2017-12-15

Use this forum to discuss issues related to the SD-JSON service.

Re: Lineup identifiers in GBR are changing on 2017-12-15

Postby Glidos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 am

Mimir wrote:
Glidos wrote:Are you saying that the Freesat listings give more days than the Freeview ones? I had 21 days initially from the Freeview one.

No, I'm saying you appear to be looking for a Freesat lineup.
111: ITV1 HD

LCN 111 is the Freesat channel for ITV1 HD. Not Freeview.

Are you saying you are retrieving Freeview listings and using them with a Freesat system? That's a little risky as some channels have different schedules for FV vs. Sky.

I have a combined Freeview and Freesat system. I did at one time feed their schedules independently with different line ups, but for sometime now I've been getting away with just using Freeview. A lot of missing channels obviously, but none I want. So far differences between the two schedules for the channels common to both haven't given me problems.

:? Hmmm, now down to 11 days of listings from the initial 21. I'm wondering if I should raise a ticket in case the upstream feed has died.
Glidos

Postby Mimir » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:34 am

you need to raise a ticket

Yeah cos' that works. Not. That can be even more of a black hole and, worse, no-one can see what others have already reported. Or maybe that's the point. I've got tickets outstanding from over 10 months ago. Once you've been met with the ubiquitous "we reported it to our upstream" then you've had it. SD don't take ownership of issues preferring to abdicate responsibility to Gracenote. Maybe that's not SD's fault - perhaps they're totally underresourced - but this is a commercial service so we deserve better.
Mimir

Postby rickgillyon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 am

Mimir wrote:
you need to raise a ticket

Yeah cos' that works. Not.

It has for me.
rickgillyon

Postby Mimir » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:45 am

Glidos wrote:Hmmm, now down to 11 days of listings from the initial 21. I'm wondering if I should raise a ticket in case the upstream feed has died.

I think you'll be hard pushed to get that many days worth of listing. Most channels only issue 10-14 days ahead. A few such as TCM, Talking Pics, etc. go out further but they're the exception rather than the rule.

For example the last day I can get data for BBC1 at the moment is Fri 12 Jan = 11 days. That's what I expect - I normally work with 9 days data to avoid any To Be Announced.

Some of them do publish longer schedules over Christmas (partly so they can take the week off!) but that reverts once the New Year comes along.
Mimir

Postby Glidos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Mimir wrote:
Glidos wrote:Hmmm, now down to 11 days of listings from the initial 21. I'm wondering if I should raise a ticket in case the upstream feed has died.

I think you'll be hard pushed to get that many days worth of listing. Most channels only issue 10-14 days ahead. A few such as TCM, Talking Pics, etc. go out further but they're the exception rather than the rule.

For example the last day I can get data for BBC1 at the moment is Fri 12 Jan = 11 days. That's what I expect - I normally work with 9 days data to avoid any To Be Announced.

Some of them do publish longer schedules over Christmas (partly so they can take the week off!) but that reverts once the New Year comes along.

I hadn't originally been expecting as much as 21 days, but that's what I got when I first swapped to the new line ups: 14 days on my first fetch, so I upped the number I requested to 21 and that worked too, accept for a few programs right at the end of the period. Your suggestion about Christmas might explain it.
Glidos

Postby Benjamin Markson » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 am

Is the misaligned regions thing dead in the water? Nothing seems to have changed.

Is it possible to produce a list of which BBC1 and ITV1 region is provided with each transmitter lineup? That way we could at least pick the best (least worst?) lineup regardless of our postcode area.

For example: GBR-1000083-DEFAULT provides BBC One (South East) [24337] and ITV1 (South Meridian) [21826]

I am looking for: BBC One (South) [24326] and ITV1 Thames Valley (North) [53444]

(I don't know if ITV1 Thames Valley (North) still exists in any lineup)

Ben.
Benjamin Markson

Postby rkulagow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 pm

It's not dead. We're working with our upstream because the master data tables have incorrect mappings in them, which cascades to us.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Previous

Return to SD-JSON service